Saturday, August 8, 2009

NBA Jam Challenge: The Quest for 140 (with new Addendum)

Ok, so I wasn't very clear about the challenge I had proposed in the previous post. Here are the guidelines.
Number of human players: 2 (on same team)
Game: NBA Jam for the Sega Genesis game system. No emulators, no tournament edition, no earlier arcade versions.
Difficulty: 3
Speed: 3
Tag mode: on
computer assistance: off
quarters: 5 minutes.
Send us a video that shows a score of 140 points or more and we will post the video and give you a signed copy of NBA Jam.

New Addendum!!!!
As it has come to my attention that it is perhaps more important to Quest and to Jam than it is to be a purist. As such, I have decided to allow Emulator play and single player games to count in The Quest For 140. If any player is able to score 140 points alone, without the aid of another human player, that player is clearly worthy of the World Record. While I am skeptical of Emulation, I wish to fully promote this challenge and given consideration to the age of the Sega Genesis system, I realize that not everyone will have one around, or wish to purchase one. The challenge remains however. Hushed voices in back alleys behind game stores in the suburbs are beginning to grow louder, and players around the globe are pressing A + B with fiery passion. Go forth, score a lot of points!

No comments: