Friday, December 12, 2008

It hasn't been a golden age in my gaming life of late because (and this was a while back now) someone broke into my apartment at 5:30 in the morning and made off with my XBox 360 and all of the games for it. So, even though I'm sure DLHB and I would otherwise have a lot of important opinions about the freshest and most important topics, and would be appropriately disappointed with Fallout 3, our purview has been limited almost exclusively to fantasy basketball and the occasional emulated 16-bit game. 

That said, fantasy basketball is fantastically great. When asked recently what I got my competitive edge from by an outsider I had the privilege of saying, "obsessive compulsive disorder." I thought that was neat because it was true. 

As for 16-bit emulation, may I strongly recommend Pirate's Gold. Keep in mind that I am not a purist and have never played the much more feted computer game and once rented this particular version in 1994. The slower-paced, too-Japanese version of the game (which I also rented and actually had a stronger fondness for) is Uncharted Waters 2. 



 

No comments: